speedbabes.net - Forum

Skip to content

How to produce a Thai-American Broadway Musical ?

How to produce a Thai-American Broadway Musical ?

Postby ken77 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:05 am

The Isaan Project is trying something,

but the first step is the music,

Welcome to the Isan Project, an international collaboration of Thai and Western Music.

The Isan Project is an idea I came up following a holiday in Thailand where I discovered an Isan band on the Sukhumvit road in bangkok. The group were performing their craft busking for money. Isan is a poor province in North East Thailand but has a strong musical history of instruments and styles.

My first introduction to Isan music was the Phin guitar, and then I heard a Morlam singer in a taxi whilst being hurled around the streets of Bangkok. Eventually I took more interest and bought 500 mp3's from shopping centres to learn more about Isan music.

Through a good friend and drummer "Erik Hargrove" I was fortunate to meet some very friendly Thai stars, Fatboyz Ford and Koh Saxman who started to tell me more about the Isan music and music in Thailand in general. After visiting several local gigs I decided to take a trip to Isan to discover the source of where all this music come from. I took a camera crew with me to create a video blog and I started to develop a few of my own musical ideas using sounds from Isan and fusing them with contemporary music we hear today in London and New York

We are collaborating with some great musicians and artists fro Thailand, USA and the UK. And we are currently enjoying chart success in the UK with Strangers ft Errol Reid that made No.11 in the Music Week Pop Chart and Forever (Remix) ft Richie and Mariam which made it to No.21.

There is lots more to come in the coming months and we hope you enjoy our ideas.

Will Robinson
Executive Producer

http://www.theisanproject.com/about.php

so, the music ...

4 weeks ago, they presented the vdo with the redlight theme

with the thai singer

Pui Duangpon

http://www.duangponp.com/

ascade effect
ken77

Return to diverse